- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup corn or canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a cookie sheet with non-stick pan spray.
- Combine all the ingredients and 1/4 cup water in a large bowl to form a soft dough. Refrigerate the dough 1 hour to chill. Roll or pat out 1/4 inch thick on a floured board.
- Cut 2-inch rounds and place them 1 inch apart on the prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the edges are a light golden brown. Cool and store in an airtight container.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 2 dozen cookies (24 servings)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Sodium: 26 milligrams
Cholesterol: 9 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 9 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1/2 Starch, 1 Fat
Source: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes; photo by Tamara Manning
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.