- 12 oz. large shrimp
- 8 cups baby spinach leaves (or flat-leaf spinach), stems removed, rinsed and dried
- 2 firm nectarines, halved and cut into thin slices
- 2 medium red bell peppers, seeded and halved
- 4 very thin slices red onion
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/8 tsp. ground turmeric
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. fresh oregano, minced
- Place shrimp in a large saucepan filled with cold water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. When shrimp have turned pink and curled, drain and peel them. Remove their veins. Halve each shrimp lengthwise and set aside.
- Arrange a quarter of the spinach in a bed on each of 4 dinner plates. (If using flat-leaf spinach, first tear it into bite-size pieces.) Arrange 4 nectarine slices on each bed of spinach. Cut pepper halves into strips. Cut strips into thirds. Arrange one-fourth on top of nectarine slices. Arrange one-fourth of the shrimp over the peppers. Separate onions into rings and arrange over shrimp.
- For the dressing, whisk orange and lime juices in a small bowl with turmeric and oregano. Whisk in oil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon 2 tablespoons dressing over each salad. Sprinkle oregano on top and serve. (Salad can be assembled and dressing made up to 4 hours ahead. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Dress and garnish just before serving.)
Less than 1 g. saturated fat and 4 g. dietary fiber.
Recipe Yield: Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Sodium: 184 milligrams
Protein: 16 grams
Carbohydrates: 17 grams
3 Vegetable, 1/2 Fruit, 2-1/2 Low-fat Meat
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.