- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup prepared sun-dried tomato pesto
- 8 slices (6 ounces) fat-free mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces thinly sliced turkey breast
- 8 thin slices ripe tomato
- Butter-flavored vegetable cooking spray
- Spread each bread slice with 1 tablespoon pesto.
- Top 4 slices of bread with a cheese slice, a turkey slice, and 2 tomato slices. Top with remaining cheese slices and bread.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot.
- Cook sandwiches over medium to medium-low heat until browned on the bottoms, about 5 minutes.
- Spray tops of sandwiches generously with cooking spray and turn.
- Cook until browned on other side, 3 to 5 minutes.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 Servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 12.2 grams
Sodium: 777 milligrams
Cholesterol: 23.5 milligrams
Protein: 28 grams
Carbohydrates: 36 grams
2 Bread, 3 Meat, 1 Fat
Source: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes