- 8 tortillas
- 1 teaspoon powdered mustard
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 cups romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 cups turkey, chopped and cooked
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- Toast the tortillas on a baking sheet in a 400F oven for about 10 minutes.
- While hot, sprinkle on the Parmesan cheese.
- Cool and break into bite-size pieces.
- Chop the lettuce and arrange it in the bottom of a salad bowl.
- Make the cumin dressing by combining the salt, vinegar, pepper, garlic powder, lemon juice, mustard, cumin, water and oil in a bowl or jar.
- Heat the turkey in a skillet with the cumin seeds.
- Sprinkle chunks of turkey over the lettuce.
- Add the tomato pieces and cheese.
- Pour on the cumin dressing and top with tortilla chips.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 8
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 11 grams
Protein: 17 grams
Carbohydrates: 10 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Fat; 1/2 Bread/Starch; 1/2 Vegetable; 2 Lean Meat
Source: The Diabetic Newsletter
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.