- 3/4 cup fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. lite Teriyaki sauce
- 1/8 tsp. ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil, divided
- 3/4 lb. medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp. grated or minced ginger
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 8 large white mushrooms, stemmed and quartered
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, in 1-inch cubes
- Cooked brown rice
- Pour 1/4 cup of broth into small bowl. Add cornstarch and whisk to blend. Add remaining broth, Teriyaki sauce and ground pepper. Set seasoning sauce aside.
- In wok, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over high heat. Add shrimp and stir-fry until they look pink, 2-3 minutes. Turn shrimp out into bowl.
- Add remaining oil to wok. Stir-fry ginger and garlic until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add mushrooms and peppers and stir-fry until mushrooms look moist, 2 minutes. Add pineapple and return shrimp to wok. Stir seasoning sauce and pour it into pan. Stir-fry until the sauce thickens and boils, about 2 minutes. The shrimp should be white in the center. Serve immediately. Can be accompanied by cooked brown rice, if desired (not included in nutritional information).
Recipe Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 9 grams
Saturated Fat: 1 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 190 milligrams
Protein: 20 grams
Carbohydrates: 13 grams
Recipe and image appear courtesy of American Institute for Cancer Research.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.