- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded fat-free mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese
- For salad, arrange tomato slices on a large, flat plate.
- Sprinkle with basil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Pour over tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 6
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 5 grams
1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat
Source: The New American Heart Association Cookbook
Book Title: The New American Heart Association Cookbook
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.