- 4 lean veal chops (about 4 ounces each), fat trimmed
- 1-3 teaspoons margarine
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence or Italian seasoning
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- Cook veal chops in margarine in large skillet over high heat until browned on both sides; transfer to shallow baking dish.
- In same skillet, saute onions and mushrooms until tender; sprinkle with flour and cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring well. Stir in remaining ingredients, except salt, pepper, and parsley, and heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over veal in dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees F. until veal is tender, about 45 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Veal chops are enhanced with a sauce flavored with mushrooms, herbs and black olives.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 4
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 10.2 grams
Sodium: 439 milligrams
Cholesterol: 100.1 milligrams
Protein: 32 grams
Carbohydrates: 15 grams
3 Vegetable, 3 Meat, 1 Fat
Source: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.