- 4 lean veal chops (about 4 ounces each), fat trimmed
- 1-3 teaspoons margarine
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence or Italian seasoning
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- Cook veal chops in margarine in large skillet over high heat until browned on both sides; transfer to shallow baking dish.
- In same skillet, saute onions and mushrooms until tender; sprinkle with flour and cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring well. Stir in remaining ingredients, except salt, pepper, and parsley, and heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over veal in dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees F. until veal is tender, about 45 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Veal chops are enhanced with a sauce flavored with mushrooms, herbs and black olives.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 4
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 10.2 grams
Sodium: 439 milligrams
Cholesterol: 100.1 milligrams
Protein: 32 grams
Carbohydrates: 15 grams
3 Vegetable, 3 Meat, 1 Fat
Source: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes