- 1-1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 8 oz. ground turkey
- 1 can (19 oz.) tomatoes, crushed
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1-1/2 cups peeled, diced potatoes
- 3/4 cup canned red kidney beans, drained
- 3/4 cup corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1-1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/3 cup elbow macaroni
- In a large non-stick saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; add garlic, carrots and onions and cook for 8 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add turkey and cook, stirring to break it up, for 2 minutes or until no longer pink. Add tomatoes, stock, potatoes, beans, corn, tomato paste, chili, oregano and basil; bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Bring to a boil and add macaroni; cook for 12 minutes or until pasta is tender but firm.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 8 Servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Sodium: 552 milligrams
Protein: 13 grams
Carbohydrates: 35 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1-1/2 Starch, 2 Vegetables, 1/2 Lean Meat, 1 Fat
Source: The Best Diabetes Cookbook
Book Title: The Best Diabetes Cookbook
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.