- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1-1/2 pound veal scaloppini from top round, thinly sliced and pounded
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Heat butter in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat.
- When butter foams, add veal in a single layer, making sure not to crowd the skillet. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until veal is lightly golden on both sides. Transfer veal to a plate.
- Add wine and balsamic vinegar to the skillet. Cook over high heat, stirring quickly to dissolve any browned meat deposits attached to the bottom of the skillet. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until sauce is reduced in volume by half and return veal to the skillet. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 30 to 40 seconds, stirring to coat the veal with sauce.
- Arrange equal portions of veal to six serving plates, spoon 1-1/2 tablespoons sauce over each and serve at once.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 10 grams
Sodium: 112 milligrams
Cholesterol: 125 milligrams
Protein: 28 grams
Carbohydrates: 1 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
4 Medium-Lean Meat
Source: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
Book Title: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.