- 2 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 medium red, or green, bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli, or cauliflower, florets
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- Herbed Sour Cream Dressing (ingredients to follow)
- Finely chopped parsley leaves, as garnish
Herbed Sour Cream Dressing Ingredients
- 3/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Arrange lettuce in bottom of 1-1/2-quart glass bowl; arrange remaining vegetables in layers over lettuce.
- Make the dressing by mixing all Herbed Sour Cream Dressing Ingredients in small bowl (makes about 1-1/2 cups).
- Spread Herbed Sour Cream Dressing over top of salad and sprinkle with parsley.
- Refrigerate, loosley covered, 8 hours or overnight. Toss before serving.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 8 servings
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 0.4 grams
Sodium: 380 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 15 grams
Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes