- 2 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 medium red, or green, bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli, or cauliflower, florets
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- Herbed Sour Cream Dressing (ingredients to follow)
- Finely chopped parsley leaves, as garnish
Herbed Sour Cream Dressing Ingredients
- 3/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Arrange lettuce in bottom of 1-1/2-quart glass bowl; arrange remaining vegetables in layers over lettuce.
- Make the dressing by mixing all Herbed Sour Cream Dressing Ingredients in small bowl (makes about 1-1/2 cups).
- Spread Herbed Sour Cream Dressing over top of salad and sprinkle with parsley.
- Refrigerate, loosley covered, 8 hours or overnight. Toss before serving.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 8 servings
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 0.4 grams
Sodium: 380 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 15 grams
Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.