- 1 cup wild rice, or wild rice mixture, uncooked
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced green, or red, peppers
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups 98% fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Layer rice and vegetables in slow cooker.
- Pour oil, salt, and pepper over vegetables. Stir.
- Heat chicken broth. Pour over ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on HIGH 2-1/2 to 3 hours, or until rice is soft and liquid is absorbed.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4-5 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Sodium: 370 milligrams
Protein: 6 grams
Carbohydrates: 27 grams
Sugars: 3 grams
Source: Fix-It and Forget-It Diabetic Cookbook
Book Title: Fix-It and Forget-It Diabetic Cookbook
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.