- 1 cup wild rice, or wild rice mixture, uncooked
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced green, or red, peppers
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups 98% fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Layer rice and vegetables in slow cooker.
- Pour oil, salt, and pepper over vegetables. Stir.
- Heat chicken broth. Pour over ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on HIGH 2-1/2 to 3 hours, or until rice is soft and liquid is absorbed.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4-5 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Sodium: 370 milligrams
Protein: 6 grams
Carbohydrates: 27 grams
Sugars: 3 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Source: Fix-It and Forget-It Diabetic Cookbook
Book Title: Fix-It and Forget-It Diabetic Cookbook