- 1 pound to 1-1/4 pound fresh asparagus
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup diced pimento
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- Rinse asparagus and snap off tough ends.
- In a large skillet, bring water to a boil and add asparagus.
- Cover and steam asparagus until bright green, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, drain and arrange on a platter.
- Sprinkle with lime juice.
- Garnish with pimento and pine nuts. Serve warm or chilled.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 4
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 6 milligrams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams