- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup hot tap water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup fructose
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 3/4 teaspoon low-salt baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer, beat egg yolks, hot water, and vanilla together until very thick and pale.
- Slowly beat in 1/2 cup fructose and set aside. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Add salt, and continue beating until whites hold soft peaks.
- Gradually add remaining 1/4 cup fructose to egg whites, beating until stiff but not dry. Stir 1/3 of whites into yolks, and sift flour and baking powder over egg mixture. Add pecans and remaining whites, and gently fold until blended.
- Place 12 paper liners in a 12-cup muffin pan. Spoon batter evenly into cups, and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean.
Glycemic Index: 30, Glycemic Load: 6
Recipe Yield: Yield: 12 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Sodium: 27 milligrams
Cholesterol: 35 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 20 grams
Source: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
Book Title: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.