- 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano, or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme, or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 orange roughy fillets (1 pound total), thawed if frozen
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare an ovenproof skillet with nonstick pan spray.
- In the skillet over medium heat, saute the onion and garlic in the margarine until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in the tomato and seasonings. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place the fish in the skillet; cover with the sauce and pour the wine over the fish. Cover and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the fish flakes with a fork.
- Remove the fish to a heated platter. Simmer the sauce in the skillet until reduced to 2/3 cup. Stir in the tomato paste, reheat, and pour over the fish.
Serving Size: 3-1/2 ounces fish plus 3 tablespoons sauce. Contains 1g Dietary Fiber and 3g Sugars.
Recipe Yield: Serves: 4
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 384 milligrams
Cholesterol: 23 milligrams
Protein: 18 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
1 Vegetable, 3 Very Lean Meat
Source: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.