- One 1-1/2-pound veal breast or leg, boned and rolled
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary, or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup coarsely chopped carrot
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 4 small red potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Prepare a roasting pan with non-stick pan spray.
- Place the veal in the pan and press the herbs, garlic, and salt and pepper on all sides of the roast. Surround the roast with the vegetables; add 3/4 cup water and the wine. Cover tightly with foil. Roast for about 2 hours, or until the veal is tender. If necessary, add additional water to the pan to keep the roast moist and prevent burning.
- Remove the roast to a heated platter. Skim the fat from the pan juices with a spoon, or use a gravy separator and set aside.
- Allow the meat to rest 10 minutes before carving. Slice the roast and divide the meat and vegetables to serve 4. Top the veal with natural juices.
Serving Size: About 4 ounces meat plus 1/2 cup Vegetables. Also contains 3g Dietary Fiber and 5g Sugars.
Recipe Yield: Makes: 1 Roast (4 Servings)
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Sodium: 397 milligrams
Cholesterol: 116 milligrams
Protein: 34 grams
Carbohydrates: 21 grams
1 Starch, 1 Vegetable, 4 Very Lean Meat
Source: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook For People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.