- 4 beef round (sirloin) tip side steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup prepared balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Remove and reserve 2 tablespoons. Place beef steaks and remaining marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours.
- Place asparagus in shallow microwave-safe dish; add 1/2 cup water. Cover and microwave on HIGH 3 to 6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain asparagus. Add reserved 2 tablespoons marinade to asparagus; turn to coat. Set aside.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 12 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 13 to 14 minutes) for medium rare (145F) doneness, turning once. (Do not overcook.)
- During last 3 minutes of grilling, arrange asparagus on grid around steaks; grill 2 to 3 minutes, turning once. Season steaks and asparagus with salt and pepper.
Recipe Yield: Makes 4 servings
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 14 grams
Saturated Fat: 4 grams
Fiber: 2.5 grams
Sodium: 591 milligrams
Cholesterol: 149 milligrams
Protein: 52 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
Recipe and photo appears courtesy of Cattlemen's Beef Promotion Board.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.