- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups Kellogg's Special K cereal
- 6 tablespoons stick butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup Equal Spoonful*
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
* May substitute 24 packets Equal sweetener
- Combine banana and milk in medium bowl. Stir in cereal. Let stand 5 minutes or until cereal is softened.
- Beat butter and Equal on medium speed of electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla until well blended. Stir in cereal mixture. Gradually add combined flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt mixing until combined. Stir in raisins.
- Spread batter evenly in sprayed 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Bake in preheated 350F oven 45 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Store tightly wrapped in plastic wrap.
A full flavored quick bread made with ripe bananas and raisins. Cereal adds extra crunch and beneficial nutrients.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 14 servings
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 12 grams
Sodium: 116 milligrams
Cholesterol: 36 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 9 grams
1/2 starch, 2 fat
Recipe and image appear courtesy of Equal.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.