- 1 cup non-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 pound (1 small head) green cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup raisins or currants
- In a large bowl, combine the dressing ingredients.
- Add the cabbage, carrots, poppy seeds, and raisins.
- Mix well until the dressing completely coats the cabbage.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 8 servings (1/2 cup each)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 36 milligrams
Cholesterol: 1 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 12 grams
Sugars: 9 grams
Source: The Diabetes Food and Nutrition Bible
Book Title: The Diabetes Food and Nutrition Bible