- 6 medium yams, boiled in skin until tender (about 20 - 30 minutes)
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp sugar substitute
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Ground cloves to taste
- 1/3 cup low-calorie margarine
- 1 cup cold water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cool yams, peel, and slice lengthwise. Place the yam slices in a covered baking dish. Sprinkle the raisins over the yams.
- In a separate bowl, mix the brown sugar, sugar substitute, and spices; sprinkle over the yams. Dot with margarine and add water.
- Cover the baking dish and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the cover, then bake another 15 - 20 minutes.
Serving size: 1/4 cup
Recipe Yield: 12 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Sodium: 63 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 14 grams
Source: How to Cook for People with Diabetes
Book Title: How to Cook for People with Diabetes
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.