- 1 cup 5% ricotta cheese
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/8 vanilla extract
- Fruit Puree (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 10 muffin cups with muffin paper cups.
- In a food processor, combine ricotta cheese, cottage cheese and sugar; puree until smooth. Beat in egg. Blend in sour cream, cornstarch and vanilla until well mixed. Divide batter among muffin cups.
- Set muffin tin in larger pan; pour in enough hot water to come half way up sides. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until tester inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from water bath; cool on wire rack. Chill.
- Serve with fruit puree, if desired.
Recipe Yield: Makes: 10 Servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 8 grams
Sodium: 268 milligrams
Cholesterol: 42 milligrams
Protein: 6 grams
Carbohydrates: 9 grams
2/3 Other Carbohydrate, 1 Lean Meat, 1 Fat
Source: The Best Diabetes Cookbook
Book Title: The Best Diabetes Cookbook
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.