- 1 cup 5% ricotta cheese
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/8 vanilla extract
- Fruit Puree (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 10 muffin cups with muffin paper cups.
- In a food processor, combine ricotta cheese, cottage cheese and sugar; puree until smooth. Beat in egg. Blend in sour cream, cornstarch and vanilla until well mixed. Divide batter among muffin cups.
- Set muffin tin in larger pan; pour in enough hot water to come half way up sides. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until tester inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from water bath; cool on wire rack. Chill.
- Serve with fruit puree, if desired.
Recipe Yield: Makes: 10 Servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 8 grams
Sodium: 268 milligrams
Cholesterol: 42 milligrams
Protein: 6 grams
Carbohydrates: 9 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
2/3 Other Carbohydrate, 1 Lean Meat, 1 Fat
Source: The Best Diabetes Cookbook
Book Title: The Best Diabetes Cookbook