- 4 medium green bell peppers
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Slice off the tops of the peppers. Wash the peppers and remove the cores and seeds. Stand the pepper cups upright in a saucepan containing 1/2 cup boiling water. Cover tightly and allow steam 5 minutes. Remove and drain.
- In a large bowl, mix together the rice, cheese parsley, salt, and ground pepper. Divide the mixture and stuff each pepper.
- Stand the peppers in a loaf pan or cupcake tins. Bake for about 15 minutes, until the filling is hot and the cheese melts.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Sodium: 455 milligrams
Cholesterol: 15 milligrams
Protein: 12 grams
Carbohydrates: 31 grams
1-1/2 Starch, 2 Vegetable, 1 Lean Meat
Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes