- 4 medium green bell peppers
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Slice off the tops of the peppers. Wash the peppers and remove the cores and seeds. Stand the pepper cups upright in a saucepan containing 1/2 cup boiling water. Cover tightly and allow steam 5 minutes. Remove and drain.
- In a large bowl, mix together the rice, cheese parsley, salt, and ground pepper. Divide the mixture and stuff each pepper.
- Stand the peppers in a loaf pan or cupcake tins. Bake for about 15 minutes, until the filling is hot and the cheese melts.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Sodium: 455 milligrams
Cholesterol: 15 milligrams
Protein: 12 grams
Carbohydrates: 31 grams
1-1/2 Starch, 2 Vegetable, 1 Lean Meat
Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.