- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (.25 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust
- Pour evaporated milk in a mixing bowl; place in freezer until ice crystals form (about 30 minutes).
- Sprinkle gelatin over water and lemon juice in a small saucepan; let stand 1 minute. Stir in Splenda Granulated Sweetener and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until gelatin dissolves. Stir in lemon rind and lemon extract.
- Beat evaporated milk at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form (about 5 minutes). Gradually add gelatin mixture, beating at high speed until mixture is combined. Do not over beat.
- Pour mixture into crust; cover and chill 1 hour or until set.
A quick and easy lemon dessert bursting with lemon flavor. The perfect ending to a meal.
Recipe Yield: Serves: 8
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Saturated Fat: 1.5 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 170 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 22 grams
Sugars: 13 grams