- 1 (28 ounce) can low-sodium whole tomatoes in juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ancho chile powder
- 3/4 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans with juice
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- In a large nonstick skillet, over medium-high heat, cook the tomatoes, garlic, onion, ancho chile powder, chile powder, and cumin, stirring occasionally, until mixture starts to thicken, 8 -10 minutes.
- Turn the heat to low and add the beans, chiles, 2 tablespoons of the parsley, and the vinegar; cook, stirring occasionally, until bubbly, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cheese.
- Place in a serving dish or in individual bowls; top with the cilantro and remaining parsley.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Fiber: 7 grams
Sodium: 441 milligrams
Cholesterol: 8 milligrams
Protein: 8 grams
Carbohydrates: 21 grams
Sugars: 7 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 Starch, 2 Vegetable, 1/2 Fat
Source: Forbidden Foods Diabetic Cooking
Book Title: Forbidden Foods Diabetic Cooking
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.