- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1/4 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chili powder, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Combine Ground Beef, bread crumbs, egg, 2 tablespoons cilantro, 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 24 one-inch meatballs. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place meatballs in skillet; cook 8 minutes or until browned on all sides.
- Add tomato sauce, remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro and remaining 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 8 to 10 minutes, stirring once.
- Serve meatballs on skewers or on platter with toothpicks. Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.
Recipe Yield: Yield: Makes 12 servings, 1 per serving
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 5 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 0.7 grams
Sodium: 324 milligrams
Cholesterol: 41 milligrams
Protein: 9 grams
Carbohydrates: 3 grams
Recipe and photo appears courtesy of Cattlemen's Beef Promotion Board.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.