- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard or prepared mustard with horseradish
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/3 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken wine drumettes (about 16 pieces)
- 1/4 teaspoon Hungarian paprika, preferably hot (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray.
- Combine the mustard and honey in a small bowl. Place the bread crumbs in a separate shallow bowl. Brush each wing sections with the mustard mixture. Roll each in bread crumbs; shake off the excess.
- Place the wings on the cookie sheet and sprinkle with paprika, if desired. Bake the wings 30 minutes, or until crisp. Serve warm.
Recipe Yield: Serves: 8 (16 drumettes). Serving Size: 2 drumettes
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Sodium: 113 milligrams
Cholesterol: 29 milligrams
Protein: 10 grams
Carbohydrates: 6 grams
Sugars: 3 grams
1/2 Starch, 1 Medium-Fat Meat
Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes