- 1/2 cup finely ground almonds
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups Equal Spoonful or Granulated*
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 ounces (4 squares) semi-sweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- Fresh raspberries, optional
- Fresh mint, optional
* May substitute 30 packets Equal sweetener.
Crust pictured above made with chocolate wafer crumbs
- For Crust, spray bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Sprinkle almonds over bottom, patting gently onto pan; set aside.
- For Cheesecake, beat cream cheese and Equal in mixing bowl on medium speed of mixer until smooth and well combined. Mix in eggs, egg whites and salt. Fold in sour cream and vanilla until combined. Gently mix in chocolate until blended. Pour batter over crust.
- Bake in preheated 325F oven 40 to 45 minutes or until center of cake is almost set. Cool on wire rack. Gently run metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake. Let cheesecake cool completely. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight. To serve, remove side of pan. Garnish top of cheesecake with fresh raspberries and mint, if desired. Cut cake into wedges.
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
This delicious chocolate cheesecake is not only greatly reduced in fat, but also has 76% less carbohydrates than the traditional recipe. It will become a favorite!
Recipe Yield: Yield: 16 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 16 grams
Sodium: 231 milligrams
Cholesterol: 67 milligrams
Protein: 7 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
1/2 milk, 3 fat
Recipe and image appear courtesy of Equal.