- 1 box Dreamfields Penne Rigate or Rotini
- 2 medium eggplants (about 3/4 pound each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon each chopped fresh rosemary, minced garlic and finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup each sliced porcini (dry), portobello (fresh) and shiitake (fresh) mushrooms (see note below)
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 cups (16 ounces) prepared marinara sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cut eggplant into 1/2-inch rounds. Spray cut sides with nonstick cooking spray. Place on nonstick baking sheet or foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated 450F oven 15 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven. Place eggplant on paper towels. When cooled, cut slices in half.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add parsley, rosemary, garlic and onion. Cook 1 to 2 minutes until sizzling, stirring frequently. Add mushrooms. Stir in wine; cook 2 to 3 minutes until wine evaporates. Stir in marinara sauce and eggplant. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well. Toss with eggplant sauce and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with additional cheese, if desired.
Note: To hydrate porcini mushrooms, cover mushrooms with hot water. Allow to stand about 20 minutes to soften; drain.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 servings
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Calories from fat: 65
Fat: 10 grams
Saturated Fat: 6 grams
Fiber: 12 grams
Sodium: 641 milligrams
Cholesterol: 6 milligrams
Protein: 14 grams
Carbohydrates: 65 grams
Source: Dreamfields Pasta
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.