- 6 tablespoons stick butter, softened
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Equal Spoonful*
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or mini chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Optional: Chopped Walnuts
- * May substitute 24 packets Equal sweetener
- Beat butter, applesauce, eggs, and vanilla until blended. Stir in combined flour, Equal, chocolate chips, cocoa, baking powder, nuts (optional) and salt until blended.
- Spread batter in sprayed 8-inch square baking pan. Bake in a preheated 350F oven 18 to 20 minutes or until top springs back when gently touched. Cool completely on wire rack. Cut into squares.
- Store in airtight containers at room temperature.
Applesauce replaces part of the fat, Equal all of the sugar, plus you get double the chocolate flavor with both cocoa and chocolate chips – so who can resist these delicious brownies?
Recipe Yield: Yield: 16 brownies
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Sodium: 77 miligrams
Cholesterol: 38 miligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 10 grams
1 starch, 1 fat
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.