- 1-1/2 pounds 95% lean ground beef
- 1 large sweet onion, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 hamburger buns, split, toasted
- Lettuce leaves
- Tomato slices
- Lightly shape Ground Beef into four 3/4-inch thick patties. Brush onion slices with oil.
- Place patties and onion slices on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 15 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 13 to 14 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160F, turning occasionally. Grill onions, 10 to 12 minutes or until tender, brushing with oil and turning occasionally.
- Season burgers and onions with salt and pepper as desired.
- Line bottom of each bun with lettuce. Place burgers on top of lettuce. Top with tomatoes and grilled onions. Close bun.
Here’s a healthier version of a classic burger topped with grilled onions and all the fixings.
Recipe Yield: Makes 4 servings
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 10 grams
Saturated Fat: 4 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 324 milligrams
Protein: 39 grams
Carbohydrates: 27 grams
Recipe and photo appears courtesy of Cattlemen's Beef Promotion Board.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.