- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 green onions and tops, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 2-1/2 cups reduced-sodium vegetable, or chicken broth
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Spray large saucepan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Saute onions, garlic, and basil until tender, about 5 minutes. Add broth and heat to boiling; gradually stir in cornmeal and salt. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Pour polenta into lightly greased 8-inch cake pan; cool to room temperature. Refrigerate, lightly covered, until polenta is firm, 3 to 4 hours.
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Cut polenta into wedges; cook in skillet over medium heat until browned, 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 to 6 Servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1.3 grams
Sodium: 309 milligrams
Protein: 2.5 grams
Carbohydrates: 22 grams
1-1/2 Bread/Starch, 1/2 Fat
Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.