- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 green onions and tops, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 2-1/2 cups reduced-sodium vegetable, or chicken broth
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Spray large saucepan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Saute onions, garlic, and basil until tender, about 5 minutes. Add broth and heat to boiling; gradually stir in cornmeal and salt. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Pour polenta into lightly greased 8-inch cake pan; cool to room temperature. Refrigerate, lightly covered, until polenta is firm, 3 to 4 hours.
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Cut polenta into wedges; cook in skillet over medium heat until browned, 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 to 6 Servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 1.3 grams
Sodium: 309 milligrams
Protein: 2.5 grams
Carbohydrates: 22 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1-1/2 Bread/Starch, 1/2 Fat
Source: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes
Book Title: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes