- 10 large dried black mushrooms
- 1/2 cup tree ear fungi
- 1/3 tiger lily stems (golden needles)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 diced uncooked chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 can (8 oz.) bamboo shoots, sliced
- 6 cups chicken stock, or 3 cans (10-3/4 oz each) chicken broth, defatted, + 2 cans water
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon double black soy sauce
- 2 cakes tofu (fresh bean curd), cubed
- 2 teaspoons chili oil
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Place mushrooms, tree ears, and tiger lily stems in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. In about 15 minutes or when they are soft, drain off the water and chop off stems or any hard parts.
- Slice mushrooms and tree ears and pull tiger lily stems into shreds. Set aside.
- Combine cornstarch and water into a smooth paste. Set aside.
- In a heated wok or skillet, saute chicken in oil until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in regular soy sauce.
- Stir in mushrooms, tree ears, tiger lily stems, and bamboo shoots.
- Add chicken stock, vinegar, and double black soy sauce.
- Stir cornstarch mixture into soup. Let thicken.
- Add tofu and bring soup to a boil.
- Stir in the chili oil and white pepper.
- Turn off the heat for 1 minute and then slowly pour the egg whites into the soup, stirring constantly.
- Garnish each bowl of soup with chopped green onions.
Recipe Yield: Prep Time: 20 Minutes - Cost: $``Servings: 10- 1 cup servings - Difficulty Level: 2
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Protein: 7 grams
Carbohydrates: 5 grams
1/2 Bread/Starch; 1 Meat
Source: Eater's Choice Low-Fat Cookbook
Book Title: Eater's Choice Low-Fat Cookbook
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.