- 4 fresh California King Salmon fillets (six ounce)
- 1/4 cup mixed red, green, and black peppercorns, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. coriander seeds, crushed
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp red onion, coarsely diced
- 1 plum, pitted and diced
- 1 nectarine, pitted and diced
- 1 peach, pitted and diced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 roma tomato, peeled, seeded, and very finely diced
- Red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Rinse the salmon fillets and set them aside.
- Combine the crushed peppercorns and the coriander seeds in a shallow pan and mix well.
- Press the top of each fillet into the mixture.
- In a heavy frypan, heat sunflower oil until very hot.
- Place the fillets, pepper-side down in the oil. Sauté until the salmon and the peppers are nicely browned.
- Turn fillets and finish cooking, if necessary.
- Serve immediately with the Summer Fruit Salsa (directions follow).
- Combine vinegars, water, and sugars in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Add the red onions and return to a boil.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let stand for about 10 minutes.
- Drain the onions, retaining the brine and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, mix pickled onions, fruit, green onions, and the tomato together lightly with 1-1/2 tablespoons of the brine.
- Sprinkle with the red pepper flakes and the salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate before using.
Pepper Crusted Salmon:
Recipe Yield: Servings: 4
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 37 grams
Sodium: 117 milligrams
Cholesterol: 148 milligrams
Protein: 47 grams
Carbohydrates: 13 grams
Source: California Salmon Council
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.