- 1 medium-small zucchini squash
- 12 cubes (3/4-inches each) reduced-fat white cheddar, provolone, or Swiss cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 12 small whole fresh mushrooms
- 12 pitted jumbo black olives
- 12 cherry or grape tomatoes
- 12 wooden skewers (6-inches each)
- 1/2 cup light ranch salad dressing (optional)
- Trim the ends off the zucchini, quarter it lengthwise, and cut into 3/4-inch pieces.
- Thread 1 of the zucchini pieces, 1 cube of cheese, 1 mushroom, 1 olive, 1 tomato, and another zucchini piece onto each skewer.
- Serve immediately (accompanied by the dressing if desired) or cover and chill for several hours before serving.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 12 appetizers
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2.8 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 138 milligrams
Cholesterol: 7 milligrams
Protein: 5 grams
Carbohydrates: 2 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1/2 Vegetable, 1/2 Medium-Fat Meat
Source: The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan