- 1 medium-small zucchini squash
- 12 cubes (3/4-inches each) reduced-fat white cheddar, provolone, or Swiss cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 12 small whole fresh mushrooms
- 12 pitted jumbo black olives
- 12 cherry or grape tomatoes
- 12 wooden skewers (6-inches each)
- 1/2 cup light ranch salad dressing (optional)
- Trim the ends off the zucchini, quarter it lengthwise, and cut into 3/4-inch pieces.
- Thread 1 of the zucchini pieces, 1 cube of cheese, 1 mushroom, 1 olive, 1 tomato, and another zucchini piece onto each skewer.
- Serve immediately (accompanied by the dressing if desired) or cover and chill for several hours before serving.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 12 appetizers
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2.8 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 138 milligrams
Cholesterol: 7 milligrams
Protein: 5 grams
Carbohydrates: 2 grams
1/2 Vegetable, 1/2 Medium-Fat Meat
Source: The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.