- 2 cups Dreamfields Penne Rigate
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed, blanched, cut into
- 1-inch pieces (see note)
- 1/2 pound cold smoked salmon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, lemon juice and tarragon. Add chopped shallot.
- In large bowl, toss together asparagus, salmon and pasta. Add dressing; toss gently to coat. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Sprinkle with chopped chives.
To blanch asparagus, place spears in boiling, salted water and cook until crisp-tender, about 2 to 4 minutes depending on size of asparagus spears. Drain and rinse in cold water or ice water until cooled.
Recipe Yield: Makes 4 servings.
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Calories from fat: 37
Fat: 10 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Fiber: 5 grams
Sodium: 745 milligrams
Cholesterol: 23 milligrams
Protein: 17 grams
Carbohydrates: 0 grams