- 6 cups bite-size pieces romain or red leaf lettuce
- 2/3 cup cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1 ounce or 2 tablespoons blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup bottled nonfat French dressing
- Toss lettuce, cucumber, tomato, and onion in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with raisins, sunflower seeds, and cheese. Pour dressing over salad, tossing to coat. Serve immediately.
Glycemic Index: 41, Glycemic Load: 8
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Fiber: 2.5 grams
Sodium: 229 milligrams
Cholesterol: 5 milligrams
Protein: 5 grams
Carbohydrates: 20 grams
2 Vegetable, 1/2 Fruit, 1/4 High-Fat Meat, 1/2 Fat
Source: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
Book Title: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.