- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (from 2 ears) or frozen
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring, until golden and tender, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini, corn and chilies.
- Cover and cook, stirring once, until the zucchini is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 servings (3/4 cup each)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 138 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 12 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
2 Vegetable, 1/2 Fat
Source: The Eating Well Diabetes Cookbook
Book Title: The Eating Well Diabetes Cookbook
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.