- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (from 2 ears) or frozen
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring, until golden and tender, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini, corn and chilies.
- Cover and cook, stirring once, until the zucchini is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 servings (3/4 cup each)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 3 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Sodium: 138 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 12 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
2 Vegetable, 1/2 Fat
Source: The Eating Well Diabetes Cookbook
Book Title: The Eating Well Diabetes Cookbook