- 1/2 (15 ounce) container refrigerated pie crusts
- 3/4 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 (12 ounce) bag fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (8 ounce) carton non-dairy whipped topping
- 1/4 cup toasted almond slices
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Unroll pastry and roll to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface; using a 2- inch square cookie cutter, cut out 24 squares, re-rolling pastry, if necessary. Place squares in ungreased miniature muffin pans. Place in freezer.
- Combine Splenda Granulated Sweetener and water in a saucepan, stirring until blended. Stir in cranberries. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring constantly 2 minutes or until berries pop. Pour through a wire-mesh sieve, set over a bowl. Return liquid to saucepan; reserving berries. Bring liquid to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced to about 3 tablespoons. Pour sauce over cranberries, tossing to coat. Stir in almonds and almond extract. Spoon mixture into pastry shells.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until pastry is golden and filling is set. Carefully remove tarts from muffin tins; cool on a wire rack.
Cranberries and almond nestled in a flaky pastry make a sweet ending for a holiday party.
Recipe Yield: Servings Per Recipe: 24Serving Size: 1 square tart
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Saturated Fat: 2.5 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 55 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 9 grams
Sugars: 3 grams