- 1/2 (15 ounce) container refrigerated pie crusts
- 3/4 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 (12 ounce) bag fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (8 ounce) carton non-dairy whipped topping
- 1/4 cup toasted almond slices
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Unroll pastry and roll to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface; using a 2- inch square cookie cutter, cut out 24 squares, re-rolling pastry, if necessary. Place squares in ungreased miniature muffin pans. Place in freezer.
- Combine Splenda Granulated Sweetener and water in a saucepan, stirring until blended. Stir in cranberries. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring constantly 2 minutes or until berries pop. Pour through a wire-mesh sieve, set over a bowl. Return liquid to saucepan; reserving berries. Bring liquid to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced to about 3 tablespoons. Pour sauce over cranberries, tossing to coat. Stir in almonds and almond extract. Spoon mixture into pastry shells.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until pastry is golden and filling is set. Carefully remove tarts from muffin tins; cool on a wire rack.
Cranberries and almond nestled in a flaky pastry make a sweet ending for a holiday party.
Recipe Yield: Servings Per Recipe: 24Serving Size: 1 square tart
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Saturated Fat: 2.5 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 55 milligrams
Protein: 1 grams
Carbohydrates: 9 grams
Sugars: 3 grams
Recipe and image appear courtesy of Splenda.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.