- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Blue cheese dressing
- Celery sticks
- Preheat oven to 350F. Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, onion, garlic, salt and pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape beef mixture into 32 1-inch meatballs; place on rack in broiler pan. Bake in 350F oven 18 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine hot pepper sauce, butter and honey in large bowl; mix well. Add meatballs; stir to coat.
- Serve with dressing and celery sticks, as desired. Makes 32 appetizer servings.
Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160F. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef done-ness.
Cook's Tip: 1 package (about 18 ounces) frozen fully-cooked beef meatballs can be substituted for ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook meatballs according to package directions. Continue as directed in step 3.
Recipe Yield: Makes 32 appetizer servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 78 milligrams
Cholesterol: 16 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 1 grams
Recipe Options - Cool Things You Can Do
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.