- 1/2 cup finely cut bulgur
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 fresh tomato, cored, seeded, and chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons canola or corn oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Soak the bulgur in 1 cup water for 1/2 hour. Drain well. Place the bulgur in a large bowl and add the vegetables; mix well.
- Combine the lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper. Add to the salad; toss lightly to coat the ingredients. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours before serving.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 3 cups (6 servings)
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Sodium: 206 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 13 grams
1 Starch, 1 Fat
Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.