- 4 cornish game hens
- 4 tangerines, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup white zinfandel wine
- Salt to taste (optional)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 4 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Rinse hens and pat dry.
- Mix wine, soy sauce, salt, orange juice together.
- Rub 1 tablespoon butter inside each hen.
- Sprinkle the cavity with salt (optional).
- Mix the onion, garlic, pecans, mushrooms, tangerines together.
- Stuff each hen with this mixture.
- Heat the liquid mixture until it begins to boil.
- Turn off and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour 2 Tablespoons of this into each hen.
- Preheat oven to 325F, then bake hens for 45 minutes.
- Be sure to baste every 10 minutes with the liquid mixture.
- Use a meat thermometer to check if the poultry is cooked to its proper temperature.
- Remove to a serving platter, or arrange each cooked hen on an individual plate, and serve at once.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 4
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Sodium: 85 milligrams
Protein: 35 grams
Carbohydrates: 6 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
4 Lean Meat