- 1/2 cup minced shallots or finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large salmon fillet (1 pound), cut into 4 pieces
- 3/4 cup fresh grapefruit juice, preferably pink or ruby red
- Saute the shallots in the oil in a nonstick skillet until tender, about 4 minutes. Add the salmon and grapefruit juice. Cover and simmer over low heat until the salmon is opaque, about 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer the salmon to warm serving plates.
- Increase the heat and simmer the juices about 2 minutes until reduced to 1/2 cup; pour over the salmon.
Serving size: 3-1/2 ounces salmon plus 2 tablespoons sauce
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 12 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 56 milligrams
Cholesterol: 70 milligrams
Protein: 25 grams
Carbohydrates: 8 grams
Sugars: 4 grams
1/2 Fruit, 4 Lean Meat
Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Book Title: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.