- 1 pound veal cutlets
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup finely diced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely diced onions
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup beef stock
- Chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1-1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon sherry (optional)
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pound veal until flat and divide into 4 serving pieces. In small non-stick skillet, heat oil; saute mushrooms, onions and garlic until softened, approximately 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Divide vegetable mixture among cutlets. Sprinkle cheese over top. Roll up and secure with toothpick. Place in baking dish and add stock. Cover and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or just until veal is tender. Remove rolls to serving platter. Keep warm.
- Sauce: In small non-stick skillet, melt margarine; saute mushrooms until softened and liquid is released. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add stock, and sherry (if using); cook until thickened, approximately 2 minutes, stirring constantly. If too thick, add more stock. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream; pour over veal. Garnish with parsley.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 Servings
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 11 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 559 milligrams
Cholesterol: 111 milligrams
Protein: 33 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
1/2 Starch, 4 Lean Meat
Source: The Best Diabetes Cookbook
Book Title: The Best Diabetes Cookbook
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.