- 3 large zucchini, peeled
- 1 medium potato, peeled
- 1 egg plus 2 egg whites, beaten
- 2 tablespoons soy or whole-wheat flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- non-stick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- for frying
- Grate zucchini and potato, either by hand or in a food processor. Drain well in colander. Remove any additional liquid by wrapping the grated vegetables in a clean dish towel and squeezing well.
- By hand, mix in the egg, flour and seasonings.
- Form latkes and fry on both sides.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 12 servings Serving size: 1 latke
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 2.2 grams
Fiber: 0.5 grams
Cholesterol: 27 milligrams
Protein: 1.6 grams
Carbohydrates: 4 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
1 vegetable; 1/2 Fat
Source: Enlitened Kosher Cooking
Book Title: Enlitened Kosher Cooking