- 6 pound fully-cooked boneless smoked ham
- 1 15-oz can purple plums packed in heavy syrup, drained, pitted and pureed
- 1 cup crushed pineapple packed in juice, undrained
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic , minced (1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/8 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- Score ham by making diagonal cuts in a diamond pattern. Place ham on rack in shallow roasting pan. Bake in preheated oven at 325 degrees F. for 1 hour, 30 minutes to 1 hour, 45 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 140 degrees F.
- Meanwhile combine remaining ingredients in medium saucepan. Bring to boil; reduce heat. Cook and stir for 2 minute longer. Remove from heat.
- Brush ham with sauce every 15 minutes during last 30 minutes of baking.
- Remove to serving platter and tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes. Brush with sauce. Carve and serve with remaining sauce.
- If desired, garnish with green onion flowers, wedges of fresh plums and unpeeled pineapple.
Recipe Yield: Makes about 24 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 1396 milligrams
Cholesterol: 60 milligrams
Protein: 6 grams
Carbohydrates: 11 grams
Recipe and image appear courtesy of the National Pork Board.