- 6 pound fully-cooked boneless smoked ham
- 1 15-oz can purple plums packed in heavy syrup, drained, pitted and pureed
- 1 cup crushed pineapple packed in juice, undrained
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic , minced (1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/8 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- Score ham by making diagonal cuts in a diamond pattern. Place ham on rack in shallow roasting pan. Bake in preheated oven at 325 degrees F. for 1 hour, 30 minutes to 1 hour, 45 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 140 degrees F.
- Meanwhile combine remaining ingredients in medium saucepan. Bring to boil; reduce heat. Cook and stir for 2 minute longer. Remove from heat.
- Brush ham with sauce every 15 minutes during last 30 minutes of baking.
- Remove to serving platter and tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes. Brush with sauce. Carve and serve with remaining sauce.
- If desired, garnish with green onion flowers, wedges of fresh plums and unpeeled pineapple.
Recipe Yield: Makes about 24 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 6 grams
Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Sodium: 1396 milligrams
Cholesterol: 60 milligrams
Protein: 6 grams
Carbohydrates: 11 grams
Recipe and image appear courtesy of the National Pork Board.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.