- 12 ounces boneless center cut pork loin chops, 3/4-inch thick, lean
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 8-inch tortillas, 98% fat free
- 1/4 avocado, pitted, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 4-oz can diced green chiles
- 4 cups mixed salad greens, (about 2 oz)
- In medium skillet over medium-high heat, warm oil. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper and cook until browned and internal temp. reaches 155F, about 3 mins. per side. Place chops on a plate and let rest 5 mins.
- Cut chops into 1/4-in. slices.
- Microwave tortillas on high until slightly warm and softened, about 30 sec. Place tortillas on workspace and top with pork, avocado, onion, chiles and salad greens stopping 2 inches short of one edge.
- Working one tortilla at a time, fold one side of tortilla up and over fillings. Tuck fillings in tightly, then fold in the 2-in. edge. Continue rolling tortilla toward the other side, securing with toothpick if necessary. Repeat with remaining tortillas and serve.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 10 grams
Saturated Fat: 1 grams
Fiber: 4 grams
Sodium: 310 milligrams
Cholesterol: 60 milligrams
Protein: 23 grams
Carbohydrates: 26 grams
Recipe and image appear courtesy of the National Pork Board.