- 1/3 cup canola oil (75 mL)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (15 mL)
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest (5 mL)
- 1/4 cup orange juice (60 mL)
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano (7 mL)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 1 lb crimini mushrooms (500g)
- 8 asparagus spears, cut into 2 inch (5 cm) spears
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 8 (12 inch/30cm) grilling skewers (12 inch/30cm)
- In medium sized bowl, combine canola oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, orange juice, oregano, salt, pepper and garlic. Whisk until ingredients are well combined.
- Add chicken, mushrooms, asparagus and tomatoes. Toss until well coated. Marinate for 20-30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Thread chicken pieces and vegetables alternately on skewers. Discard marinade.
- Meanwhile, heat barbecue to medium heat. Grill skewers on lightly oiled grill, turning once with tongs. Grill until chicken cooked through, about 5 to 8 minutes.
These Grilled Citrus Chicken Skewers are a great way to start the grilling season.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 5 to 6 servings.
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 15 grams
Saturated Fat: 1.5 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 100 milligrams
Cholesterol: 50 milligrams
Protein: 20 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
Recipe and image appear courtesy of CanolaInfo.org.
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.