- 1/3 cup mild cayenne pepper sauce (such as Frankâ€™s Red Hot Sauce, not Tabasco sauce)
- 1 teaspoon corn oil
- 2 cups (about 10 ounces) diced cooked chicken breast
- 4 (8 inch) tortillas, warmed if desired
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) finely shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped lettuce
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons light ranch dressing Directions
- Put cayenne pepper sauce and oil in a large zip-top bag. Add cooked chicken, seal bag, and shake to coat chicken well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow chicken to marinate.
- Pour chicken and sauce in a microwave-safe dish, cover, and heat 2 minutes or until hot (or pour chicken and marinade in a pan and warm on the stove over medium heat).
- Lay 4 flour tortillas on the counter. Spoon 1/4 of chicken in the center of each one. Drizzle with the warm marinade if you want to. Top each with 1/4 of the cheese and 1/4 of the lettuce. Drizzle each with 1/4 of the dressing.
- Fold each taco in half, or roll it up. Slice in half if you want to.
Cooking Up Fun For Kids With Diabetes authors Patti B. Geil, MS,RD,FADA,CDE, and Tami Ross, RD, LD, CDE, have planted their collective fingers directly on the food tastes that kids really love.
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings. Serving size: 1 taco
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 13 grams
Saturated Fat: 5 grams
Fiber: 5 grams
Sodium: 1220 milligrams
Cholesterol: 72 milligrams
Protein: 30 grams
Carbohydrates: 26 grams
1-1/2 Starch, 4 Meat, lean
Source: Cooking Up Fun For Kids With Diabetes
Book Title: Cooking Up Fun For Kids With Diabetes
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.