- 1 pound grilled chicken breast strips
- 3 cups (about 1 pound) fresh strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- 3 cups thinly sliced fennel bulb
- 3 cups shredded radicchio
- 3/4 cup shredded basil
- 1-1/2 cups toasted walnut halves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup walnut oil
- 2-1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic puree
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon pepper
- To make salad: In large bowl, toss chicken, strawberries, fennel, radicchio, basil and walnuts with vinaigrette. Mound salad on 6 plates, dividing it equally.
- To make vinaigrette: in blender or food processor, puree oils, vinegar, garlic puree, salt and pepper until emulsified
Grilled chicken breast is combined with a roasted garlic vinaigrette to create a healthy and exciting salad or main course.
Recipe Yield: Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 13 grams
Fiber: 5 grams
Sodium: 435 milligrams
Cholesterol: 40 milligrams
Protein: 22 grams
Carbohydrates: 16 grams
Source: California Strawberry Commission