- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial, 30% less fat margarine
- 1/2 cup toasted, chopped pecans
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 8 oz. crushed pinapple in juice, drained
- 1/2 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- Stir flours, sugar and margarine together until mixture is finely crumbled. Stir in nuts.
- Press 2 cups of flour mixture onto bottom of 13x9-inch pan which has been sprayed with vegetable coating.
- Stir cinnamon, baking soda and salt into remaining flour mixture. Beat in egg, vanilla, light sour cream and vanilla yogurt until blended. Stir in pineapple.
- Pour batter evenly over pressed flour mixture in pan. Bake at 350F for 40 minutes or until batter pulls away from sides of pan. Cool slightly before cutting.
Recipe Yield: Servings: 24 Squares. Serving Size: 1 square
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 4 grams
Sodium: 133 milligrams
Cholesterol: 6 milligrams
Protein: 2 grams
Carbohydrates: 31 grams
1 Bread/Starch; 1 Fat
Source: Cinnamon Hearts Newsletter