- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound assorted mushrooms (white and cremini, trimmed and sliced; shiitake, stems removed and caps sliced)
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 small skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- In 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and shallot and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are golden brown and any liquid has been evaporated, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer mushroom mixture to bowl.
- On waxed paper, combine flour, 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon, salt and pepper; use flour mixture to coat chicken, shaking off excess.
- In same skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-heat until very hot. Add chicken and cook until chicken is golden brown and loses its pink color throughout, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to warm platter.
- Add broth, wine, remaining 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon, and mushroom mixture to skillet; cook 1 minute, stirring until browned bits are loosened from bottom of skillet. Pour sauce over chicken.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Sodium: 437 milligrams
Cholesterol: 66 milligrams
Protein: 29 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
4 Lean Meat, 1/2 Bread/Starch
Source: The All New Good Housekeeping Cookbook
Book Title: The All New Good Housekeeping Cookbook
Scroll down to comment or see what others said. You can also share, rate, print, email or Favorite this recipe to your Recipe Box right now.