- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound assorted mushrooms (white and cremini, trimmed and sliced; shiitake, stems removed and caps sliced)
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 small skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- In 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and shallot and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are golden brown and any liquid has been evaporated, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer mushroom mixture to bowl.
- On waxed paper, combine flour, 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon, salt and pepper; use flour mixture to coat chicken, shaking off excess.
- In same skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-heat until very hot. Add chicken and cook until chicken is golden brown and loses its pink color throughout, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to warm platter.
- Add broth, wine, remaining 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon, and mushroom mixture to skillet; cook 1 minute, stirring until browned bits are loosened from bottom of skillet. Pour sauce over chicken.
Recipe Yield: Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Sodium: 437 milligrams
Cholesterol: 66 milligrams
Protein: 29 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
Content Continues Below ⤵ ↷
4 Lean Meat, 1/2 Bread/Starch
Source: The All New Good Housekeeping Cookbook
Book Title: The All New Good Housekeeping Cookbook